Hi, where are you from?

My photo
Presents, a Life with a Plan. My name is Karen Anastasia Placek, I am the author of this Google Blog. This is the story of my journey, a quest to understanding more than myself. The title of my first blog delivered more than a million views!! The title is its work as "The Secret of the Universe is Choice!; know decision" will be the next global slogan. Placed on T-shirts, Jackets, Sweatshirts, it really doesn't matter, 'cause a picture with my slogan is worth more than a thousand words, it's worth??.......Know Conversation!!!

Thursday, July 29, 2021

This Week's Jefferson Award!!


 

The idea is for Mrs. Cleave:  My name is Karen Placek and I live in San Francisco, a real city kid!  However, said with smiles, I lived in both Moss Beach and Montara as a child.  My mother purchased property in both towns where I grew-up riding horses as the City had closed the Stables in Golden Gate Park.  

I know that beach clean-up can be made both fun and efficient on a level that would make you Mrs Cleave smile, with hope.  

To gingerly explain: Gold Miners:

The idea of a gold pan along with a similar panning system would increase the beach area.  



As this system would need to be increased in length not size I was thinking a system may need to have a system that would include by picture the following type of mechanic.


This is a basic pool cover as I had a swimming pool while living out of town once.  The simple construction would increase your sand per foot and would achieve picking-up the smallest pieces.  Great story that I saw on this clean-up effort and especially close to my hometown bringing my interest to possible delivery.

Thanks for reading!!


HALF MOON BAY (KPIX) — Billions of pounds of plastic and other pollutants end up in the ocean every year. A San Mateo County woman has been rounding up her small coastal community to help clean it up. Twice-a-month beach cleanups in Half Moon Bay collect trash, from plastic bottle caps to cigarette butts.

Volunteers like 8-year-old Jade Stark feel good. 

“I feel like a hero,” she said. “It’s like you’re saving the animals on the ocean and on land.”

The beach cleanup is one project of Sea Hugger, the nonprofit Shell Cleave founded in 2018 to protect and heal the marine environment. She got the idea, in part, after diving at the Great Barrier Reef with her husband.

 “There were large swaths of dead and bleached coral and it was really shocking to see that,” 

said Cleave. The Half Moon Bay surfer had an aha moment. She quit her 20-plus year old business in technical writing to start Sea Hugger. 

“I realized that I have the skills and the heart to be the voice for Mama Ocean, because the ocean and the animals that live in the marine ecosystem really can’t speak for themselves,” 

she explained. Volunteer Joana Stark says Cleave leads the nonprofit in lobbying for conservation laws, and supporting solutions that reduce our dependency on plastic.

 “She makes the bridge between the community and the politicians and organizations that can make a difference,” 

Stark said. Sea Hugger also provides monthly support for a program in South Africa that’s picked up more than 4,000-pounds of plastic in two years. 

Cleave says the Litter4Tokens program is mirrored after a program in Mexico, where families pick up bags of trash, turn them in for tokens, and they use the tokens to buy basics like food and clothes. 

Cleave and her group also educate children. 

On-campus lessons gave way to Camp Sea Hugger on an old school bus during the pandemic. Hundreds of families have paid to send students to the classes at Pillar Point Harbor. 

Michelle Dragony of the Granada Community Services District says Cleave motivates people to care for their environment. The cleanup projects are part of that. 

 “When you walk through here, part of your neighborhood, it looks better,” 

Dragony said. “She makes you feel it. Yeah, she’s pretty inspirational.” 

And now, supporters inspired Cleave with neighborhood signs and well wishes as she battles stage 4 breast cancer. Shell’s daughter, Cass Cleave, who’s also Sea Hugger’s marketing director, says the nonprofit fuels her fight. 

“It has given her a huge sense of purpose,” 

she said of her mother.  So for leading a multi-faceted campaign to protect the oceans this week’s Jefferson Award in the Bay Area goes to Shell Cleave.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An Independent Mind, Knot Logic

An Independent Mind, Knot Logic

This Is Provisions For The Groundwire Program SET: Global Warming Initiative

  Cantore Arithmetic is able to say attention PG&E management by design.  The following information is from the spelling of what is on t...

Karen A. Placek, aka Karen Placek, K.A.P., KAP

My photo
Presents, a Life with a Plan. My name is Karen Anastasia Placek, I am the author of this Google Blog. This is the story of my journey, a quest to understanding more than myself. The title of my first blog delivered more than a million views!! The title is its work as "The Secret of the Universe is Choice!; know decision" will be the next global slogan. Placed on T-shirts, Jackets, Sweatshirts, it really doesn't matter, 'cause a picture with my slogan is worth more than a thousand words, it's worth??.......Know Conversation!!!

Know Decision of the Public: Popular Posts!!